Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

I am sure people who follow this blog and Cisco's Sonar thin I am obsessed with changes in Bear Lake. Well, I am. You have to realize that everyday the first thing I see in the morning is Bear Lake. Garden City is about three miles away and I am about 1000 feet higher.



Having sat through many boring limnology/water classes years ago and spending the last 40 years on Bear Lake I look at it differently than most. I won't go into the scientific details but the impacts of weather on this huge lake fascinate me. Just about the time I think I have seen everything, Bear Lake throws me a curve. As I said on Thursday, "with the exception of North Eden, the Lake is frozen." I resigned myself to not worrying about the cold spring and tried to get psyched up for ice fishing. As I look out the window today the Lake is ice free as a result of warmer weather and tons of wind. I never have seen a nearly complete freeze over only last three days. Bear Lake continues exhibit its unpredictability.

No comments:

Post a Comment