Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cisco's Sonar

Well, the Rich County Times has come to an end.  Amber McKee put her heart and soul into this publication which lasted for eight years.  It provided readers with local news, high school activities and general information.  For that we can not thank Amber enough.  Her selfless efforts resulted in more community involvement and understanding.  The Rich County Times was a true public service.  People can not be expected to continue things forever just because we want it.  I support Amber in her decision to cease publication and pursue other things in her life.  I am sure her decision was not easy but there was no one willing to take on the task of continuing the paper  I have mixed feelings.  The paper provided me a platform to ramble on about things I thought were interesting, but there were times that I really struggled for something to write about.  The pressure was always on every two weeks.

I will put more effort into my blog when something that I think that I have something other people would be interested in.  Bobby Coray has taken on the responsibility to put the Rich County Times online.  Just email her at rctonline@gmail.com to become a subscriber.  I will try to submit articles as time permits.

You know, there are a lot of people that are willing to criticize what others are doing. They are a dime a dozen but theey think they are so important.   In my long career in public service I have come to the conclusion that there are doer's and whiner's.  Amber McKee is a doer. We all owe her a debt of thanks and who knows, maybe someone will have the ambition to start a paper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment