Monday, May 12, 2014

Bear Lake Weather





Over the last forty years I have looked down on Bear Lake thousands of times from every vantage point possible.  I know, in my inner being, that Bear Lake is alive.  Created by "Mother Earth" over 200,000 years ago.   I would give anything to have seen it during those eras.

I am fortunate, through an unplanned series of events, to have spent my adult life here and have no plans to leave.  Every time I look at the lake, it shows me something different.  An infinite number of shades of blue and gray reflect off its water.  Storms, whitecaps, glass, the moon and its sunrises and sunsets all combine with color to provide views that are unsurpassed.

I guess this mid-May snow squall along the east shore caused me to be in a reflective mood this afternoon.  The fact that I took it from the old Rocky Point turn that has such a history also gave me pause.  I felt as if I should share my thought with you....  

1 comment: