Friday, April 8, 2011

April Snow


Now I have been a big proponent for lots of snow and runoff to bring Bear Lake back to normal water levels. After so many years of drought it was great so see above average snowfalls during the winter. There is over 1000 cfs coming through the Rainbow canal right now. Now, I have to admit, I am sick of it. I haven't seen the ground around my place since November. That was OK because there is a ton of dog bones and other debris under the snow, but we received another foot last night and more for the weekend. I have been dealing with flooding in Garden City for a week with more promised for the future. I broke a cable on my snow blower yesterday blowing out the travel trailer which I foolishly though we might use. All of the little birds are colored up for nesting but they face starvation now. I don't see deer anymore. I have lived at Bear Lake since 1974 and I can not recall seeing this much snow in April. I really don't know why I am whining. There is nothing I can do about it so I am happy that my family is healthy and I haven't sheared Maggie's winter coat yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment