Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bear Lake Rising

Does anyone know where this boat ramp and marina is? It took me a minute when I first looked at the picture. Check out the cool lenticular clouds too. It is the marina and ramp on the south side of Gus Rich Point (Spinnaker). It hasn't looked like that since 1999 but it will this year. At a meeting this week, PacifiCorp predicted that Bear Lake would raise seven feet by July. That would put it at 5918 or close to normal. Goodbye beaches between Garden City and Laketown except Rendezvous Beach. Lake shore cabins will once again be by the lake. Nothing ever stays the same at Bear Lake.

1 comment:

  1. I've just discovered your blog. Love your outlook and perspective! I'll keep checking in. I've lived mostly in places far from Utah but have visited Bear Lake regularly over the years.

    ReplyDelete