Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Weekend Barbacue


You know I am basically a patient person.  I understand that there are a lot of things that happen that we humans have no control over.  During this past spring(? ) I have watched continual snow and cold develop into a record year for snow pack and have watched Bear Lake rise at an incredible rate.  During this time I have tried to get ready to open Cisco's Landing for summer business.  Tons of money has been spent, employees have worked diligently, boats are in the water and the grill is hot.  Sunday morning I get up to this.  Spike can't play with his "diggers" on the deck and sitting outside in the sun is out.  I have even taken the snow blower off and mowed the lawns once.  I am frustrated but still patient.  The snow will melt and when it does, the house will still be here.  We have it a lot better than those poor folks in "Tornado Alley".  Come to us warm weather.....

2 comments:

  1. You're a good man, with a caring heart.

    Go make a big snowman and bbq him haha. Snow is not good for a beautiful resort area on a memorial weekend. A couple of years ago it was similar on Labor Day weekend. The visitors were not too happy then either.

    Maybe with all who arent visiting now will come in the summer. Overall maybe it will all even out.

    Bear Lake Valley is very lucky to have you.

    SW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for renewing the webcam! I can now check it during the day from work (in SLC), and daydream about launching my boat or just hanging out at our cabin! Just got back from a wet, cold weekend in Garden City... and can still say we had a great time! Hope next weekend is nicer!

    ReplyDelete