Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain, Rain, Rain


You know, I am glad that I own about fifteen watercraft.  If it keeps raining and the lake keeps coming up I may need them.  Seriously, it seems like this weather pattern will never end.  I know that lots of people think that the snow is gone and the flooding risk is over but I keep looking up at the mountains and know that there is literally "millions of gallons" of water in the snow.  The physical laws of our environment are never broken which means that eventually the snow will turn to liquid and gravity will drag it to lower elevations until it is level or meets the ocean.  What that means is anyone's guess.  One thing I know for sure is that this weather is not condusive to boat rental and lake recreation.  The only visitors to the marina are the pisciverous (fish eating) birds who spend all day trying to capture recently stocked cutthroat fingerling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment